RULES AND REGULATIONS
ARTICLE 1: ELIGIBILITY.
The following conditions shall apply to all competitors participating in the LEG LAGOS CHALLENGE (LLC):
- The LLC shall be opened to all accredited clubs provided they are duly affiliated to the their respective Football Associations and the players are between the ages of 18 and 23 years in the year of the competition.
- Any player registered to compete in the competition shall not act as a technical official and vice-versa.
- Dual registration of player(s) shall attract immediate disqualification.
- Any player that changes his identity and/or falsifies his age for the purpose of participating in the competition shall be banned from the LLC.
ARTICLE 2: AGE VERIFICATION.
To determine the age of the players, combination of any of the following verifiable evidences MUST be provided:
- Birth Certificate from a recognized government institution.
- Statutory declaration of age not later than 7 years from the year of competition.
- Primary school testimonial, Secondary School Attestation and Int’l Passport Data page.
- The player(s) may be subjected to scientific investigation to verify their age(s).
- A dedicated committee shall be set up to carry out physical screening of all players to ensure eligibility.
ARTICLE 3: INFRINGEMENT OF THE RULES.
- The Organizers may withdraw accreditation from any person(s) who infringes on the Rules and Regulations of the competition.
- Any Team whose player, team or official disrupts a match shall pay a fine of N50,000.00. Failure to comply shall attract a ban from the next competitions.
- Any Team that uses an ineligible player shall pay a fine of N30,000.00. The Team Officials concerned shall also be suspended participating in the next competitions.
- Any Team that defaults in the payment of any fine shall be suspended from subsequent competitions.
ARTICLE 4: PROTESTS/APPEAL.
- All protests arising before or after an event shall be forwarded to the Disciplinary Committee with a protest fee of N10,000.00.
- Where it borders on the outcome of an event, such protest must be lodged at most 2 hours after the event. The concerned Disciplinary Committee must decide on the protest within 12 hours of its lodgement.
- Any appeal against the decision of the Disciplinary Committee should be forwarded to the Secretary, Appeal Committee within 4 hours from the time the decision is communicated to the appellant with an appeal fee of N10,000.00. The Appeal Committee must decide on an appeal within 12 hours of its lodgement.
ARTICLE 5: FORCE MAJEURE.
- Baring force majeure, the Organizers reserves the right to shift the venue and/or date of the LLC.
ARTICLE 6: ACCREDITATION.
- All processes of the accreditation shall be handled by the Organizers.
- The accreditation of players and officials is a condition for participation in the competitions.
- The accreditation cards give to the degree necessary in each case and as indicated thereon, access to the venues and event area(s) restriction on the card. The Organizers determine the categorization of each person and sets the conditions.
- Accreditation for players and accompanying officials commences immediately on arrival and closes on the day of the draws. No requests for accreditation shall be entertained after that date.
ARTICLE 7: FORM & ORGANIZATION.
- The tournament shall consist of 16 Teams.
- The Teams shall be divided into 4 groups of 4 Teams each.
- All League matches in the group stage shall be played on one-legged basis and, in accordance with FIFA/CAF regulations and, the rules/regulations of
- At the end of the group stage matches;
- The 2 top Teams in each group shall qualify to play in the Quarter-Final matches in a knockout format.
- The winners of the Quarter-Final matches shall play in the Semi-Final matches leading to the 3rd place and, final matches.
ARTICLE 8: COLORS.
- Each Team shall register with the Organizer its colors of jerseys, pants and, hose, which shall not be in conflict with the design of the National Team of Nigeria.
- Each Team shall register alternative colors of jerseys, pants and, hose, which shall be used to resolve problems of clash of colors.
- Players can only play wearing jerseys number allocated to them during registration. Violation will attract a fine of N10, 000 per defaulting player in every match.
- In the event of clash of colors between Teams, the away Team shall change to its alternative colors provided the home Team is wearing their registered first choice colors. Away Team must therefore take along alternative colors.
- All jerseys must be customized in accordance to the FIFA/CAF/NFF measurements.
ARTICLE 9: WITHDRAWAL.
- Any Team that withdraws expressly after acceptance to play in this tournament before and, during the tournament may not be allowed to participate in subsequent editions of the competition.
ARTICLE 10: MEDICAL.
- Each Team must have a minimum Medical Team made up of qualified Doctor and, Physiotherapist to service the Team on and, off the playing pitch.
- Each Team must subject all their players and, officials to thorough medical examination before registering them on. Such medical certificates of fitness must be submitted to the Organizer as a pre-condition for registration of each player.
ARTICLE 11: FIXTURES.
- Draws shall be transparently done at a venue/kick-off/date scheduled by the Organizer.
- It shall be unlawful for any person or group of persons to print, or circulate or sell unauthorized fixtures.
ARTICLE 12: MATCH BALLS, BALL KIDS AND FLAG BEARERS.
- Ball kids and Flag Bearers shall have uniform kits; vest, shorts, socks and, canvass provided by the Organizer.
- At least 14 standard match balls approved by the Technical Committee shall be provided by the Organizer for each match.
- All match balls must be inspected by the Referee before using them for each match.
ARTICLE 13: PRE-MATCH MEETING.
- It is mandatory for all Teams to attend pre-match meeting with necessary requirements.
- There shall be pre-match meeting 30 minutes before kick-off of each match.
ARTICLE 14: COMMENCEMENT OF MATCHES.
- All matches shall commence at the scheduled time on the fixtures to be drawn later.
- Each Team and appointed Match Officials are expected arrive at the match venue one (1) hour before scheduled kick-off.
ARTICLE 15: RESERVE BENCH.
- Only 12 members of each Team shall sit on its reserve bench (seven dressed/listed players and, five listed officials).
- All persons on the reserve bench shall be properly dressed in acceptable sports attire, preferable tracksuit or suits, not flowing native dress.
ARTICLE 16: SUBSTITUTION OF PLAYERS AND TEAM LIST.
- Only five substitutes from the list of seven reserve players may be used at any stage of a match, provided that the player who has either been substituted or sent off the field or play due to misconduct is not used again.
- The Team manager of each Team shall complete and, sign the Team list portion of the Referee report before the kick-off.
ARTICLE 17: DURATION OF MATCH.
- Duration of each match shall be 90 minutes playing time, 45 minutes for each half, with a half-time interval of 15 minutes whistle to whistle.
ARTICLE 18: POINTS SCORING AT GROUP STAGE.
- Three (3) points for a win.
- One (1) point for a draw.
- No points for a loss.
ARTICLE 19: DETERMINATION OF TEAMS STANDINGS IN THE GROUP STAGE.
- The first two (2) top Teams in each group shall qualify for the quarter-Final matches.
- If there is a tie among clubs on points, the Teams standings shall be determined with highest goal difference.
- If two or more Teams have the same goal difference, the following shall be applied to determine their standings;
- The Team that has greater number of goals in its favour.
- The result of matches played between the Teams involved.
- If (a) and (b) above remain same the standings shall be decided by lot.
ARTICLE 20: DETERMINATION OF WINNERS AT SEMI-FINAL, THIRD PLACE AND FINAL MATCHES.
- The matches shall be played on knock-out basis.
- In the event of a force majeure during play, the match shall continue from where it was stopped.
- In the event of a draw at the end of a match, no extra time shall be allowed and, penalty kicks shall be used to determine the winner.
ARTICLE 21: PRESS/ELECTRONIC MEDIA REPRESENTATIVE MATCH VENUES.
- Only media photographers shall be allowed into the inner perimeter fence. They shall however be restricted to the photographer’s mark behind the goal line of the field of play.
- At least 30 minutes before the kick-off, each Team Manager shall submit 10 copies of his Team list to the Reserve Referee who in turn shall make same available to the media.
- All Teams must engage the services of press officers.
ARTICLE 22: VIDEO COVERAGE OF TEAM MATCHES.
- Teams may be allowed to record their matches and, copies of the tapes handed over to the Match Commissioners after matches for submission to the Organizer.
ARTICLE 23: TEAM SONG/ANTHEM, LOGO AND FLAG.
- All Teams must develop distinct Team song/anthem, Logos and Flags, which may be sang and, displayed during matches.
ARTICLE 24: OTHER MATTERS.
- Other matters not mentioned above shall be treated in accordance with the FIFA/CAF/NFF rules/regulations.
To download the LEG Lagos Challenge Rules & Regulations, please click here.
LEG LAGOS CHALLENGE™ . . . inspiring the future!